Dr Mitra Zarrati, PhD Dietitian
With over 15 years of dedicated experience in diet therapy, Dr. Mitra Zarrati is a highly accomplished dietitian renowned for her ability to craft personalized nutrition plans tailored to meet the unique needs of her clients.
As an Assistant Professor overseas, Dr. Zarrati has been recognized as a Global Distinguished Talent by the Department of Home Affairs of Australia for her exceptional contributions to the Australian research community. Having migrated to Australia in 2022, she currently serves as a Sessional Academic at Victoria University in Melbourne.
Dr. Zarrati's expertise spans various fields of nutrition sciences and diseases, allowing her to adopt a comprehensive clinical approach to wellness. Her primary areas of interest include:
- Behavior modification techniques
- Cooking and menu planning
- Lifestyle management
- Nutrition advice for appetite control
- Daily exercise plans
- Slow and steady weight loss
- Strong support
- Weight maintenance based on clients' dietary preferences and cooking habits.
Arthritis, Muscles and Bone Pain, Osteoporosis, and Gout:
- Customized Meal Planning
- Inflammation Management
- Provide guidance on anti-inflammatory diets to help manage inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Recommend foods rich in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and other anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Develop realistic and sustainable weight loss plans if necessary.
- Ensure adequate intake of calcium and vitamin D to support bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Recommend appropriate supplements, if necessary, to address nutritional deficiencies commonly associated with arthritis and muscle and bone pain.
- Emphasize the importance of proper hydration, as it contributes to joint health and helps maintain overall well-being.
- Educate individuals on the relationship between diet and arthritis symptoms.
- Provide counselling and support to help individuals make sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Explore dietary approaches that may help manage pain associated with arthritis, such as identifying and avoiding potential trigger foods.
Diabetes and Prediabetes:
- Individualized medical nutrition therapy
- Recommendations for modifying current intake
- Food and blood glucose records
- Carbohydrate counting
- Glycemic index awareness
- Behavior modification.
Cardiovascular Diseases, High Cholesterol/Blood Pressure:
- Education on types of fats in food
- Strategies to reduce salt consumption
- Food replacement recommendations
- Effective use of food supplements.
- Guidance on Fatty Liver, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Pancreatitis, and Gallstones.
Fertility Challenges in Men and Women, PCOs:
- Weight management strategies
- Nutrition supplement therapy
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Nutrition education.
- Nutrition education and diet planning for normal fetal growth
- Management of mother's weight gain
- Prevention of gestational diabetes and hypertension
- Preeclampsia prevention
- Vomiting control
- Post-delivery weight reduction
- Breastfeeding support, and more.
- Interpretation of weight and height growth charts
- Supplementary nutrition
- Food planning for weight and height growth
- Addressing food allergies.
- Development of food plans during chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Addressing nausea, vomiting, appetite changes, constipation, sore mouth, and related concerns.
- Addressing sleeping problems, anemia, hormone imbalance, thyroid disorders, autoimmune diseases
Dr. Zarrati's clinical approach is rooted in a holistic and patient-centered methodology, aiming for a fruitful outcome. Fluent in both English and Farsi, she ensures clear communication to guide you on your journey to optimal health.
Embark on a personalized wellness journey with Dr. Mitra Zarrati ‐ Because Your Health Matters!