Spine Comprehensive Medicine
What is Spine Comprehensive Medicine?
Spine comprehensive medicine involves comprehensive care of acute or chronic neck or back injuries or conditions. It aims at minimising your pain, making you as functional as possible and preventing future injury.
Conditions Covered under Spine Comprehensive Medicine
We provide effective care for spine conditions such as:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Back pain
- Spine fractures
- Spinal deformity such as kyphosis and scoliosis
- Spinal tumours
Diagnostic Tests involved in Spine Comprehensive Medicine
To get to the root of your problem, a detailed examination is performed. Your symptoms are carefully evaluated and various tests are carried out. An individualised treatment plan is then formulated according to your specific needs.
Treatment Options Offered through Spine Comprehensive Medicine
Depending on your condition, your treatment plan may involve:
- Physical therapy: This includes exercises to improve range of motion and strengthen your core muscles, as well as physical therapy modalities such as manipulation, mobilisation therapy and laser therapy.
- Medications: Over-the-counter as well as prescription medications may be prescribed to treat pain and other symptoms.
- Injections: Epidural and perineural injections, prolotherapy, facet joint injections and trigger point injections may be administered to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Spine surgery: Surgery is sometimes suggested to relieve the cause of symptoms, which may include pressure placed on nerves and stabilising the spine.
Whenever possible, we use non-operative or minimally invasive techniques to help you recover as quickly as possible. We also provide education and rehabilitation therapies that focus on improving movement and posture and keeping your spine safe during activities.