Dr Farshad Ghazanfari
MD, FRACP, MSc Sports Medicine Consultant Physician and Peri Operative Physician
Musculoskeletal and Sports Physician
Dr Farshad Ghaz (Ghazanfari) is an Acute and General Medicine Consultant Physician with special interests in:
- Rheumatology and Arthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Injuries including Fibromyalgia
- Peri-Operative Medicine
- Photo and Energy Medicine
- Musculoskeletal laser therapy
Dr Farshad is the founder of Melbourne Arthritis established in 2014.
Holistic Medicine Interests:
HUESA Mindfulness & Yoga, Mind body transformation, Pranic healing, Reiki and Therapeutic Hypnosis.
During basic and advanced training in Internal Medicine, Dr Farshad pursued his passion for Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Medicine.
He has been caring for patients with a broad spectrum of Rheumatological & Musculoskeletal Disorders ever since.
Dr Farshad Approach
Clearly, Dr Farshad shows his Holistic Vision toward health and wellness when considering the service scope at Melbourne Arthritis.
He aspires to promote his patients’ health in bio psycho-spiritual aspects rather than only focusing on the physical body alone.
Dr Farshad believes the true healing for chronic illnesses should also combine with a patient inner strength, and mentors his patients toward holistic health including:
- Coaching Mindfulness
- Teaching HUESA yoga (certified HUESA Yoga practitioner)
Practice Team Collaboration can include:
- The expert allied health team
- Therapeutic Hypnotherapist,
- Naturopath and myotherapist,
- Meditation couch and Emotional Health Mentor
His Sports & Regenerative Medicine procedures include
- Cellular Matrix
- Local Steroid,
- Durolane Gel(Artificial cartilage),
- biological therapy and PRGF,
- Trigger Point injections
- Prolotherapy Injection for Osteoarthritis Tendinopathies & Tear,
- Meniscus Tears treatment and Other Sports Injuries,
Dr Farshad consults at
- Knox Consulting, Suite 1a, Manningham Specialist Centre,
- Southeastern Specialist Centre, Dandenong North
Dr Farshad has admission rights at:
- Knox, Warringal Hospital,
- St Vincent’s Private, Mulgrave hospital
- Waverley Private Hospital
Dr Farshad is able to see urgent referral if directly contacted by GP’s or other Specialist colleagues.
GP’s can contact our Team Leader for direct admissions on:
- Telephone: (03) 9870-1400, or
- Email: email@example.com
Dr Farshad can speak Farsi and Dari in addition to English.
His hobbies are table tennis and playing the guitar and watching spiritual documentaries on Gaia. Meditation and Arhatic Yoga is his routines.
Specialty & Interests
- Rheumatology and arthritis
- Elderly arthritis medicine
- Sport and musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and general medicine and Metabolic and weight loss management
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia
- Peri operative medicine and photobiostimulation (cold laser) in arthritis and spine management
- Holistic medicine including Mindfulness, Pranic healing, Reiki and medical Hypnosis
201 Canterbury Road
Blackburn, VIC 3130
- Knox Private Hospital
262 Mountain Hwy
Wantirna, VIC 3152
- Southeastern Specialist Centre
327 Gladstone Rd
Dandenong North, VIC 3175
- (03) 8640-0437
Training & Degrees
- MD, Tehran University of Medical Sciences 2000
- MSc Sports Medicine, Master’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Queensland in 2018
- FRACP, Fellow of both the American and Australian College of Physicians (Musculoskeletal Medicine)
- Geriatrics training at Monash Health (part).
Dr Farshad takes teaching quite seriously and has been affiliated with different universities for the last 8 years and is acknowledged as an outstanding tutor and Mentor.
Dr Farshad Ghazanfari has been awarded prizes for:
- Acute Care Medicine Course, Melbourne (First Prize out of 180 Australia fellows, registrars & consultants) 2014.
- Lupus in Indigenous population of the Top End of Northern Territory, Australian Rheumatology Assoc, Travel Scholarship won, 2013.
- Co morbidities and delirium in the geriatric population in Melbourne east with neck of femur fracture won the First poster presentation in the Eastern Health Research Symposium, 2014
- His research in elderly rheumatology/Geriatric population in Melbourne won the First poster presentation in Eastern health research symposium in Dec 2014.
- His research on Lupus in Indigenous population of top end of Northern territory won Travel scholarship from Australian rheumatology association in May 2013.
- Renal histology in Indigenous Australians with lupus nephritis.
- Case Study: Giant Cell Arteritis with Vertebral Artery Stenosis.
- Dual energy CT in diagnosis of Gout