Dr Farshad Ghazanfari
MD, FRACP, MSc Sports Medicine Consultant & Musculoskeletal Physician
Dr. Farshad Ghazanfari is a consultant physician in Acute and General Medicine with special interests in Rheumatology, Sports Medicine and musculoskeletal injuries. He is the founder of Melbourne Arthritis established in 2014.
Dr Farshad mainly consults at Ringwood East. He also consults at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Kew, Knox consulting suite 1a, Valley hospitals, Dandenong Superclinic and Vermont Day Hospital. Dr. Farshad could directly admit patients to Knox, St Vincent’s Private and Valley hospitals. GP's can contact Karen on for direct admissions.
Given his diverse experience in medicine, acute geriatrics, rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine, Dr. Farshad has a unique holistic and multidisciplinary approach to his patient diagnosis and management. He is fellow of both Australian and American college of physicians.
Dr Farshad can speak Farsi and Dari in addition to English. He takes teaching quite seriously and has been affiliated with different universities for the last 5 years and is acknowledged as an outstanding lecturer.
Specialty & Interests
- Rheumatology and arthritis
- Elderly arthritis medicine
- Sport and musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and general medicine and Metabolic and weight loss management
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia
- Peri operative medicine and photobiostimulation (cold laser) in arthritis and spine management
- Maroondah Specialist Consulting suites,
108 MT Dandenong Rd
Ringwood East, VIC 3135
- (03) 8640-0437
Training & Degrees
- He is a fellow member of both American and Australian college of Physicians
- Masters degree in sports medicine from University of Queensland in 2018
- Eular Advance course in rheumatology
- MD Tehran university of medical sciences 2000
He won the First prize in Acute Care Medicine course in Australia among 175 fellows,registrars and consultant in Jan 2014 at Box hill Hospital.
- His research in elderly rheumatology/Geriatric population in Melbourne won the First poster presentation in Eastern health research symposium in Dec 2014.
- His research on Lupus in Indigenous population of top end of Northern territory won Travel scholarship from Australian rheumatology association in May 2013.
- Renal histology in Indigenous Australians with lupus nephritis.
- Case Study: Giant Cell Arteritis with Vertebral Artery Stenosis.