Musculoskeletal Specialist in Melbourne
Do you suffer from stiff joints and other musculoskeletal pains? Are you looking for helpful pain free treatment options that can alleviate discomfort and restore mobility? At Melbourne Arthritis, our highly trained and experienced musculoskeletal specialist in Melbourne can help to restore your wellbeing and improve your overall quality of life. We also have an experienced podiatrist in East Melbourne who is knowledgeable about conditions affecting the foot.
There are various musculoskeletal conditions that can be caused or exacerbated by natural factors such as ageing or artificial factors like sports injuries in Melbourne. Some of these include:
- Back and Neck Pain – Very common and originating from muscles, nerves, bones and joints
- Arthritis – Inflammation of the joints caused by damage to the cartilage
- Whiplash – Neck sprains often caused by vehicle accidents and sports injuries
- Shoulder Pain – Often caused by over usage in sports like swimming and tennis
- Knee Pain – Usually involves damage to ligaments and muscles
- Sports Injuries – Occur as a result of accidents, poor training, and improper protective gear
- Fibromyalgia – Chronic pain and fatigue that doesn’t cause tissue injury
- Disc Pain – Caused by loss of strength due to age and other degenerative conditions
- Nerve Pain – Ranging from numbness to sharp pain due to nerve damage
Muskulosketal Medicine doctors work closely with your GP as well as health practitioners in other disciplines to ensure your medical needs are met effectively and safely. These include physiotherapists, psycologists, surgeons, pain physicians, neurologists, psychaitrists, rehabilation physicians and occupational physicians.
Common Pain Problems We Treat
- Back & Neck Pain
- Hip & Pelvic Girdle PAin
- Shoulder Pain
- Arm and Leg Pain
Our sports care physio is capable of diagnosing and treating your specific condition, allowing you to walk away feeling rejuvenated. Our treatments include:
- Mobilisation and Manipulation – Uses slow movements to restores joint mobility
- Prolotherapy – A non-surgical procedure that promotes tissue growth
- Exercise – Increases strength, improves flexibility and reduces pain
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Changes negative thoughts and improves how you feel
- Trigger Points – Addresses and relieves trigger points that cause intense pain
- Joint Injections – A mixture of local anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory agent
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy – Regenerates soft tissues that have been damaged
- Mindfulness and Meditation – Develops positive outlooks and improves sleep patterns
- Hydrotherapy – Exercises in a warm-water pool to improve joint strength and function
We also offer non-invasive laser treatment for pain and inflammation using cutting-edge equipment. This includes laser treatment for muscle pain and general soreness.
Make an Appointment with Our Musculoskeletal Specialist Today
You can’t go wrong choosing Melbourne Arthritis when you need a trustworthy musculoskeletal specialist in Melbourne. Contact us today by calling (03) 9870 1400, or book online. Alternatively, you can check out our FAQs for more information.